background

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sanibel Island continued............(read part one first)

Julia feeding Mags some key lime pie.




YUMMY!!!!


Picking up shells on the beach.


I made it into a picture......notice the scarf and long sleeves......it was a bit chilly!





Julia eating a marshmallow sucker......we were able to meet up with Liz and Ansley on our layover in Orlando on the way down to Sanibel. It was great to see them. Liz had goodie bags for the girls to take with them to the beach and Julia was VERY excited about this sucker. Thanks Liz !! You are the BEST!!


Me and Mags


Maggie's crib for the trip. I hated this metal hospital looking bed for her. It had no bumpers so I made some out of towels.


Key lime pie.....YUM!!!





Our view.


We headed home EARLY Friday morning. It was sad to leave the beach but we were ready to get home and get back on schedule. We had to wake the girls at 4:30 am to head to the airport. After a 30 min flight from Ft Meyers we had a quick layover in Orlando. Julia quickly found a friend to play with at our gate (as there was no shortage of children in the Orlando airport) . Meanwhile I was chatting with the other mom while the girls played at the BIG window watching the planes, coloring, and sitting on the floor. At some point Julia sat up on the small window ledge and Maggie decided to stand up and look out as well. Keep in mind she has been walking for almost a month now and she is getting really good at it but she was also VERY tired/clumsy since we had gotten up so early. She crawled over to the window and pulled herself up to look out. At some point she slipped or her hand missed the ledge and she fell and hit her head on the ledge. I did not see it, though I was 2 feet away I just heard the hit and saw her on the floor. When I scooped her up I was able to see that she hit her head right at the eyebrow. That is when the bleeding started. I took her and started running to Wyatt and handed her off. I totally freaked out. He happened to be at the gate counter getting a tag for the stroller and he had them call from medical to come and look at her eye. Once Maggie calmed down that is when I started crying. Medical came and checked her out and gave up some ointment to put on it and said that since we were headed home to call our doctor at home.


Here is what it looked like 6 hours later at children's urgent care.
My doctor's office sent us there to have it looked at.


"Mom, I am ready to get out of here....it looks like a hospital in here"


They numbed her up with some gel (no shots).


Here she is on the hospital bed waiting to get fully numb.



Sooo tired......what a LONG day.


AFTER: here it is all super glued up and looking much better.




Now we just have to keep her from hitting her head there anytime soon....I am thinking we need a helmet of some sort....
The urgent care facility was really nice and it is a part of Nationwide Children's Hospital. But it was VERY much like a hospital and I would rather not have to go back anytime soon or ever for that matter. It just about killed me to sit in that room with that bed and all that "stuff". I was VERY thankful that we were only there for something minor and there are other kids out there that are not that lucky.

1 comments:

The Matt Lambert Family said...

wow, what a day!!! i'm glad to see you dress you girls alike too...love dressing my boys alike!